Staines Memorial College’s Careers Facilitators role is to support students in the development of their career pathways. As part of this role the Career Facilitator will provide information and instruction to students and parents about vocational and tertiary pathways, QCE qualifications, OP eligibility, subject selection and additional resources available.
The Careers Facilitator offers students a relaxed, friendly and confidential environment to discuss careers options. They will be the advocate for students with appropriate individuals / agencies as necessary in a systemic and accountable manner.
In accordance with their student welfare role and Staines’s Behaviour Expectations and Responsible Behaviour Plan, Careers Advisors may:
- Identify underlying goals/needs of students exhibiting problem behaviours,
- Offer support, advice and information to students regarding problem behaviour, subject choices and employment options
- Provide and seek specialist advice where necessary
- Liaise and offer support to staff regarding specific behaviour management issues and alternate educational programs
- Support and assist parents with student concerns
- Support students, parents and staff to reintegrate students from alternative programs
The Careers Facilitator co-ordinates:
- Structured Work Placements and work experience
- SET Plan development
- QTAC applications
- Junior and Senior Subject selections
- School based apprenticeships and traineeships
- Career Expo visits
- Career information evening for students and parents.